Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Years 2013 Nail Design

For my New Years celebration this year, I wanted to try some different things on each nail, and to keep it sparkly!!



Firstly, I want to apologize for the pictures. Most of them I took just this morning so they're not as clean as they were when they were freshly done.

SO, after my base coat, on each hand I painted two nails with Finger Paints in Cerulean Seascape, one with Orly in Glitz, and then the last with Sinful Colors in Out Of This World (on my left hand I didn't paint my thumb, so on my right I painted two with this color).

On the two nails painted with Cerulean Seascape, I wanted confetti. For one of them I just used a coat of Finger Paints Sparkle Top Coat. For the other I used Nicole by O.P.I. in Pick Of The Glitter. I did a thin coat over the whole nail, and with every additional coat I only went over the lower half or just the tip of the nail, so that the glitter was more concentrated at the tip. I also did one with just a coat of Nina Dime Piece for the confetti.

On the nails with Orly Glitz as the base coat, I then went over with with a few coats of Orly Too Fab to add some gold glitter. I did the similar thing with the Out Of This World base coat: I did coats of both the Sparkle Top Coat and Nina in Dime Piece.



I left alone one of the silver nails, but for the other silver and gold nails, I used striping tape to make designs.
I then went over the nails and tape with Cerulean Seascape. On my right hand, I left the entire tip of the nail gold.

I recently acquired some little rhinestones in a variety of colors, so I just had to add a little more bling!





2 comments: