Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pink and Black Patterned Nail Design

I loved this manicure! It was so pretty and simple!!


First off, I left my right pinky with the sparkly silver left over from my New Years Design::


The rest of my nails, I painted China Glaze in Exceptionally Gifted.


On most of my fingers, I used Black on Black with a fine striping brush to draw diagonal lines from bottom left to top right, and then from bottom right to top left, intersecting each other.



On my ring fingers, I used striping tape going diagonally to mark out a type of checkered pattern.


Then I painted over the tape with Black on Black, waited a minute or two, and took off the tape, leaving the pink showing.

To finish off, I put some of my rhinestones on each nail. Black stones on most nails, with silver stones on the nails with mostly black.



The stones would fall off occasionally and so I would need to reglue some new ones on. I did try setting the gems just in a fresh top coat and that seemed to work about the same.
Anyways, I thought it was real pretty, elegant, and simple!

2 comments: