Monday, June 16, 2014

Angled French Tip with a Black Bow - Wedding Mani!!

Last month I was in my younger brother's wedding which was such a blast! My bridesmaid dress was this cute knee-length black dress with a ribbon bow around the waist. The colors for the wedding was black, white, dark purple and gun metal gray.
So for my nails, I wanted to keep it relatively simple for the morning wedding, which made me think of doing a French Tip. I tossed around a few different ideas to incorporate some black into the design, and this is what I ended up with::


I did an angled french tip with the white, and then used black polish and a striping brush at the edge. I used a dotting tool to make the bows. I did this by putting a large dot in the middle, and then a dot on either side. Using the dotting tool, I would drag the polish from the side dots into triangle shapes to make the bow. I then used some sparkly silver and a detail brush to outline the bow and add the details. 

I love how it came out! And I was getting compliments the whole weekend :)








No comments:

Post a Comment