Thursday, April 25, 2013

Color Blocking Nail Design

No, I didn't fall off the face of the Earth! Although, it has felt like that at some times. Life has certainly been crazy as I wrap up my internship and grad program, job search, and generally stress out about graduation and the coming summer!!

I've actually still been painting my nails this whole month, though I've been keeping the same manicure for a week at a time on average which is much longer than usual. So I will do my best to get caught up!!

The first manicure I did this month was a plain, boring French tip for a job/career fair I attended. (Although I still did my trick using China Glaze Fairy Dust underneath the nude color to give it a hint of sparkle hehe). My second manicure was some Color Blocking to enter into the Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art competition for April, which I uploaded using my instagram account and #iheartnailart


I painted all my nails in a sparkly silver. Then I used Sinful Colors Hazard and Finger Paints Art Dealer Teal-er for the colors. I'd paint one corner of my nail at a time, overlapping with the color previously painted on the adjoining corner. When I got to the last corner, I stopped before overlapping with the first color/corner, to give it a pin-wheel look. I then used the same sparkly silver to stripe the boundary lines between the colors. And that's it! Easy-peasy!


1 comment: