Monday, April 1, 2013

Cherry Blossom Nail Art: Spring Is On My Mind!

I love the winter (although the snow amount was TOTALLY disappointing this year!) but there's something about the days starting to get longer and the days starting to get warmer that energizes me! So I wanted to put my excitement into my manicure.

And so, even though nothing is blooming yet around here, I give you, my cherry tree in bloom!


After my Beauty Secrets base coat, I did my usual sparkly backdrop technique by painting a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust and then Nina French Ivory. I then painted the trunk and branches of the tree with Finger Paints Bronze Sculpture. I then used dotting tools to do the petals. The colors I used for the petals were: Hip-Hip-Hue-Ray! by Finger Paints, and Rich & Famous and Exceptionally Gifted by China Glaze. I dotted all three colors on top or almost on top of one another. 



I liked the idea of the tree reaching out and having the branches arch over across all my nails, with just some falling blossoms left on the pinky.


I was kinda at a loss for what to do on my thumb, so just did another over-arching branch.

I eventually put a matte-finish top coat on it to reduce the glare. That does mean that the sparkle from the Fairy Dust is pretty much hidden, though.





Happy Spring everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Once again... LOVE THIS. I love how it continues on each nail :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I thought it would be fun :)

    ReplyDelete