Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Newspaper Transferred to Your Nails: Garfield Is On My Thumb!!

Ok, I've wanted to try transferring images/words/etc onto my nail for several months now. What I see most often in tutorials is using newspaper to transfer the print to your nail. I found this video tutorial from cutepolish to be the most direct and helpful.

However, I didn't want to just do boring ol' words, I wanted to transfer the funny pages!! So, after a base coat of white polish, I attempted to transfer the faces of some beloved characters, as well as some of the funny words they say.

Needless to say, my nails didn't come out nearly as clean and orderly as those in the tutorial, and I'm missing some of the details of the characters. I don't know if this is because I started out with white instead of a thinner coat of a light gray, or if it's just generally tougher to transfer over detailed designs/drawings. But some of them came out great!! I have one little guy from Dilbert (I don't know his name) looking all pissy on my pinky nail, and Blondie looks great on my thumb! I'm thinking I will try this again in the future, but maybe with the sudoku or crossword puzzle :)



2 comments:

  1. Fun idea! I will have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did this with a crossword puzzle. Looks pretty cool. -Dana

    ReplyDelete