Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day Bouquet of Tulips Nail Design

Since my mother was up visiting for my graduation this past weekend, I was lucky enough to see her on Mother's Day this year! So to pay tribute to my wonderful mother that has always been a huge source of support, I painted some Mother's Day Tulips on my nails!!



After my Beauty Secrets base coat, I did two coats of China Glaze For Audrey. I had no clue how to paint tulips, so I just kinda winged it. They didn't come out perfectly, but they still worked! The colors I used for the flowers were:: Nina Lilac-ing Discipline, China Glaze Exceptionally Gifted, and Orly Hook Up. To paint them, I used a dotting tool and put one big dot of color on my nail. Then, after dipping my dotting tool in the paint again, I kinda dragged it up one side of the dot, then on the other side of the dot, kinda making a half-moon shape. I then dragged up one more time in the center to that it made three petals. Again, not perfect, but I could at least still tell they were tulips!

I then finished it off with Sinful Colors Happy Ending for the stems and leaves and my Beauty Secrets top coat. I also threw on some Finger Paints Sparkle Top Coat for my ring fingers to add a celebratory touch! :)

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!!

1 comment:

  1. Love it Lindsay! Very pretty. For Audrey is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete