Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Nail Dress by Kiss Trial

**NOTE** When I wrote this post, I named the Nail Dress as being by Sally Hansen. It is actually by Kiss. Oops!! Sorry!! **

So, as I was skimming through the new issue of Cosmo for some pages full of colorful patterns to use when I try out the transferring technique, I stumbled across a coupon to try out the Nail Dress stick-on design polish from Kiss. I figured... why not?? So I decided to get them a try!
Here's the coupon I found in the magazine:


So, you can see there were only four different singles to try. Not really enough for a full manicure. So I painted all my nails except for my ring finger nails and left those ones with just a base coat in preparation for these fun sparkly options. 



 What I did for the colors on my other nails was used a nice dark, sparkly purple from Finger Paints (the name of which escapes me at the moment... I'll hafta check back on it later) and then mixed in a drop or two of my Sally Hansen Black Out to make it even darker. In the following pics, my flash on my phone camera makes the color out to be a on the bluish side, but it's purple, I promise! I also used the Shimmer Top Coat that I have to add a little extra bit of rosy sparkle to it.

For the Nail Dresses, You just peel and place on your nail, and then you need to trim the edges. I used a small pair of hygiene scissors you usually find in a little travel kit or whatever. This was the toughest part, not just getting it trimmed right at the tip of your nail, but also along the sides. The jewels on these designs made the task harder than it probably usually is. (**NOTE** On the actual packages you can get in the store, they supply a small emory board and you file the edge to get rid of the excess and can file it close to the edge of your nail... this actually caused me some more problems with the edges peeling back than when I used the small hygiene scissors, even tho those weren't as precise.**)

But here are my results!!



I really liked these fun designs and they certainly added a bit of glam and sparkle to my nails! The down side that I found was, although they don't "chip" exactly, the edges along the tip of the nail did start peeling up a little and I had a couple small tears, especially where there was a jewel that happened to be sitting on the edge. You can kinda see this in the following pics (which were taken a couple days later) where you can start to see the white tips of my nail at the edges in some spots.




All-in-all I don't know if I would use them for a full manicure, but I really liked them as an accent nail! Nice and sparkly!

1 comment: