Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Street Style, Bricks and Graffiti Nail Art Design

So I shared my April entry for the Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art contest which was the color blocking. Now to share my May entry!! The theme for May was "Street Art"... And I really wasn't sure what to do for it. I've lived in small towns all my life, what do I know about city and street art?? My boyfriend had the idea:: do  a brick wall with graffiti on it. Brilliant!!

So, after my Beauty Secrets base coat, I did a couple coats of Sinful Colors Slate, which is a nice gray that would be the mortar or cement or whatever between my bricks. I then used striping tape and did pretty much a checkered pattern with the striping tape. Then I painted over the tape with Sinful Colors Under 18, which was my brick color. After peeling off the tape, I used a small brush to fill in one vertical line in each row with Under 18 in order to make the brick pattern. After my bricks were dry, I used two Sally Hansen Nail Art Pens (Green and Bright Blue) to do my graffiti on every other nail. I did my initials (LR) and Nail Diaries, and a heart. It was certainly tough to do on my right hand while writing with my left, but I love how it turned out!! I then used my Matte finish top coat (since brick walls usually aren't sparkly and shiny) and done!! 

I LOVE how it turned out!! I'm hoping I get enough votes for the contest to move forward, but even if not, it was super fun!! :)







1 comment:

  1. I love this Linds! Totally original and deserves to win!!

    ReplyDelete