Thursday, October 25, 2012

First Snow of the Year!!


So for my first actual nail post, I figured I'd start with my newest project. Last night was the first snow of the season, so to celebrate I wanted to do a snowflake pattern. Originally I thought of using my light blue as a base and white snowflakes, but after some searching I settled on one from IndigoNova1. She drew her snowflakes in black with white accents, and I added a couple drops of sparkly silver as well, which I think looks really cool. 

The polishes I used are:
Beauty Secrets Base Coat
2 coats of China Glaze For Audrey
Snowflakes were Nina Black
Kiss Nail Art Paint Silver Glitter
The white was a basic french tip white polish... Part of the reason I went for black snowflakes was that I need a newer white polish, but since with this pattern it was only used for dots, it worked fine. 
Beauty Secrets Top Coat

I really love how it turned out! I did a couple practice snowflakes on a paper plate with a thin striping brush in order to get comfortable with the design. If I do this design again in the future, I'd like to try to make the snowflakes a little smaller so that there's more of the background visible and so the other dots, or "snowflakes", have more space.

Happy Winter!!
Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. I love this Lindsay!! For Audrey is my favorite polish of all time (That is actually what I had the downstairs bathroom paint matched to) This turned out so cute! Enjoy your snow <3

    ReplyDelete