Thursday, October 25, 2012

Yay Procrastination!!

I have considered starting a blog for my adventures in nail art for quite some time. However, I have procrastinated because I do not want this to end up like the other blogs I've started. (Laziness prevailed and I slacked on updating and eventually deleted them.) 

Then I realized, while staring at my newly designed nails that I did last night (they're so cute!!), that despite this being a new hobby, I have been pretty consistent with it. Doing something new with my nails once, sometimes twice, a week is a method of self-care for myself. As a full-time grad student with a part-time job in residential treatment and an unpaid internship, I need a breather now and then to take care of myself. My pjs, a glass of wine, a movie, and a new nail design to try combine for the perfect recipe for self-care! 

So, to spare my poor Facebook friends from the constant nail-art pics clogging up their news feed, I decided to attempt another blog instead. As I have a lot of designs that I have already done in the past months, I'll likely sprinkle in some old projects among the current ones. 

I also want to state that usually I do not come up with the designs myself. I'm not quite to that level of talent and creativity yet! With each entry, I will give credit where credit is due to whomever gave me the idea. I will also give a breakdown of the steps that I took, what problems came up, and any personal flourishes I added to make it my own! 

In addition, feel free to make suggestions or send me links to cool designs to try! I'm always looking for more!! 

Thanks for joining me!
Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! I will be excited to read this. Something tells me this blog will be kept up on ;) I really like this format too. Way better than someone else's nail blog *cough cough*

    ReplyDelete