Tuesday, October 30, 2012

How It All Began...


It all began when a friend of mine posted about Water Marbling and I was immediately intrigued. There are several tutorials out there, with lots of different patterns to try. Usually I just end up using the simple designs. The picture above was my very first attempt at using that technique. After a day I redid it and ended up with the picture below, which I liked much more.


I did several different patterns over the next few months. The picture below is probably my favorite. Now that I've moved on to different techniques, I haven't done any water marbling. It's VERY messy, takes a long time, and half the time I'd get only a few fingers done and then the rest would end up all screwy and I'd have to remove the polish and start from scratch. When that happened more than twice, I'd give up completely. But, it did start me down the path of nail art!



2 comments:

  1. I love how all three of these came out :) I have never tried water marbling... I should give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do turn out pretty awesome! Just make sure you have a LOT of time set aside and a lot of patience!!

      Delete