Sunday, November 4, 2012

Elegant Black French Tip

So today I want to share a design I'm actually proud of because it came from my own brain. I'm sure it's nothing revolutionary and has been done before, but it wasn't something I looked up, it was just something I did, so I count it!!
First off, I want to share a little something extra that I like to do for some french tips or other designs where the base/background of the nail isn't colored. 

First, I start with a base coat. I use Beauty Secrets.
Then, I put on a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust to give some sparkle.
Then, I put on a coat of Nina French Ivory. This is the key. This is what I use when I'm doing any french tips, but since there's a layer of Fairy Dust UNDERNEATH it, it tones down the sparkle to make it so that there's just a little shimmer. 


 This doesn't picture very well, but you can kinda see what I mean. That way, you're starting with a clean-looking nail with just a little bit of shimmer!
For the french tip, I used Nina Black. Then, using a dotting tool, I put dots along the border between the black and the rest of the nail. Originally, I did all nails except my ring finger nails dotted with Sally Hansen Platinum. My ring finger nails I dotted with China Glaze Exceptionally Gifted. After a day, I went over all the dots with Exceptionally Gifted.


I wanted to use opalescent-ish polishes for the dots to give them the look of pearls. This is a picture of the first time I did this. Below I have what I did just tonight. I did everything the same, except instead of black, I used Finger Paints Be A Pal-ette which is a nice, dark, shimmery purple! :)

(a yellow polish stained my nails a while back so that's what that yellowish discoloration is :P)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Simple but elegant... I didn't like my purple one as much just 'cuz I think I made the dots too big, they looked kinda sloppy, so I moved on again already lol!

    ReplyDelete