Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happy New Years!

To ring in 2013, I took to Google to find some ideas for some nail designs! What I found was something from Robin Moses (the link takes you to her youtube tutorial). I didn't follow this exactly, and mine didn't come out nearly as awesome as hers, but I used her idea for inspiration :)



After my Beauty Secrets base coat, I put on two coats of Finger Paints Cerulean Seascape (such a pretty blue!). Then, to do the confetti swirlies, I used Nina Caribbean Blue and then for the lighter color I mixed that Caribbean Blue with Finger Paints Hip Hip Hue-Ray! I then used a thin brush to make the curlicues and squiggles, later adding a touch of sparkly silver to some. I then used the Hip Hip Hue-Ray! to draw the champagne glasses. The champagne itself was done with Orly Glitz with a bit of Orly Too Fab on top, since it has big glitter pieces it could give the effect of the champagne being bubbly :)

On the other hand, I did the ball drop. I did this with a large dotting tool and my sparkly silver polish (one by Kiss Nail Art Paints). I did a bunch of dots to make up a large circle, and then outlined the whole thing with Nina Black. To finish it all off, I used Finger Paints Sparkle Top Coat, which is perfect for sparkly confetti!!





I still need to just clean up the edges around the nails, but I'm pretty happy with them! Have a Happy New Year!












1 comment:

  1. What a fun manicure! I might have to find the cerulean polish. That is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete