Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pretty as a Peacock

So normally I browse google results for inspiration as to my next nail design. This time, inspiration came from my new cell phone case: Peacock feathers! 

 
So, I did look up some tutorials and pictures of peacock feather designs. The one I took the most tips from was a video tutorial by SimpleNailArtDesigns and I'm envious of the brush she used 'cuz it draws such a fine line!! 

Anyways, to do this design, I used a base color of Sally Hansen HD Resolution. After using a striping brush with my Nina Black to draw the base of the feather, I added in lines of Nina Shiny Penny and Finger Paints Sketch N Etch. I then used 4 different sized dotting tools to do the eye of the feather. I did the largest dot in Sketch N Etch, the next in Shiny Penny, the next in Nina Caribbean Blue and the smallest center dot in Finger Paints Cerulean Seascape. Then I went back with the black and outlined the eye. Add topcoat and DONE! I think next time I may do the eyes bigger like how they were done in the tutorial above.





2 comments:

  1. I am totally going to have to try this one. Been wanting to do a peacock mani for a long time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I do it again, I'd want to try a thinner brush and make the eye a bit bigger :) If you do it, share your results!!

    ReplyDelete