Monday, January 28, 2013

Yummy-Looking Nails!!

My nails look like chocolates with icing drizzles over them! I kinda want to eat them :)



So, once again, I was cruising Google images for nail design inspiration. What I came across was a picture from A Polish Addict and thought it looked fun! She called the technique a "string manicure" and includes a link to a youtube tutorial that is pretty helpful as well.

The gist is this:
I painted two coats of Finger Paints Bronze Sculpture. The three different pinks I used were Finger Paints A Heart For Art, China Glaze Exceptionally Gifted, and China Glaze Rich & Famous.
To do the stringy effect (which I wasn't too good at 'cuz I got impatient easily, thus why my nails include thicker blobbies lol), you put a couple drops of polish on whatever palette you have (I used one of my trusty index cards, of course!) and then use a small dotting tool to stir it up. It takes some time, but after a while, the polish will get kinda tacky and you'll have some strings hanging from your tool after you dip it. Then those stringies go over your finger nail!



I certainly plan on trying this again in the future, perhaps with a tad bit more patience! But, still, they're yummy-looking!! ;)

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I will have to try this :) I had never heard of that technique before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning on trying it again, but with more patience so that the drizzles will be much thinner!!

    ReplyDelete