Thursday, January 24, 2013

Rainbow French Tips!

Inspiration comes at the most random times! I was at my internship, and the woman sitting next to me had a classic french tip manicure. It reminded me that this whole self-care hobby started with that basic manicure. I would redo it every week to make sure it always looked nice and clean. Of course, since I've branched out I haven't been able to go back to doing something that simple or plain!

But it made me think... I've played around with french tips before, what else can I do to spice it up?? Why not a rainbow gradient in pastel colors?? Sounded good to me!!


After my Beauty Secrets base coat, I did a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust and then topped it with a coat of Nina French Ivory. I've used this in the past to give the majority of my nail that is not colored at the tip a bit of a sparkle.

The colors I used for the rainbow are::
Finger Paints Guggen I'm Lime
China Glaze Tree Hugger
China Glaze For Audrey
Nina Lilac-ing Discipline
China Glaze Exceptionally Gifted

I've mentioned the steps in previous posts how to do the gradient, and I did it no differently this time. The only difference is that I used the side edges of the sponge to apply it just to the tips of my nails. Here's what my sponge looked like:


As you can kinda tell, the center area of the lines of polish are a little thicker and still a bit wet, because my nails never touched that center line. I used just the left and right edges, which is why the colors sometimes go in different directions on different nails. I then used some Kiss sparkly silver and a striping brush to draw the edge to the pastel tips and finished with Beauty Secret top coat. I love how it turned out!


2 comments:

  1. I love how this turned out... What a fun idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I coulda probably done just fine with one or two fewer colors, but oh well! I still love it!

    ReplyDelete