Monday, February 18, 2013

Another Attempt at Stamps

So, a couple weeks ago I got myself a stamping set. It didn't work. I couldn't even get it transferred onto the stamper, let alone my nail! After some time and some glances at tutorials, I tried it again, and this is how they came out::



Not great. Some areas were missing bits, and it took me some time to get the alignment right. I also learned that the patterns that are meant to fully cover the nail are TOUGH!! I really wanted a basic, full-coverage diamond pattern, but when pieces are missing, it's so much tougher to get it looking good.

I used Nina Lilac-ing Discipline as my base color and China Glaze VIII for the stamping color. Then I added some dots of sparkly silver to add a little bit extra to the nail, especially in areas where the stamp kinda fudged.

2 comments:

  1. Honestly I didn't even notice the faded parts. :) I think this is very pretty (LOVE the lilac color) Neat stamp set! I did more research on the stamps and Konad sells "stamping polish" which is a much thicker formula and really sets well with the stamps. If I try it out I will let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen that they sell stamping polish, but I also saw that the stamping polish is kinda spendy. So I watched some youtube tutorials comparing the stamping polish with regular polish. As long as you steer away from shimmery/sheer/etc polishes, apparently they still work relatively well with the stamper

    ReplyDelete