Saturday, February 16, 2013

Are You Gellin'?


So, there's a woman in my choir who, every week, is interested in what I have on my nails. She's also so thoughtful, because she'll bring me clippings of ideas or coupons and most recently gave me a box of some UV-Free gel color to try out!

So, since I didn't have any brilliant ideas for today, I figured I'd give it a shot! My review? It's brilliant!! By the time I've moved on to the next hand, my first is already dry!! It'll be perfect for toesies so that you won't hafta walk around all duck-footed and be afraid of putting on your shoes!


This picture was taken *maybe* 10 minutes after the first pic of the unopened box! And they were dry! I might hafta check into some other colors, but for now, I can't have my nails just one plain color! And since the color made me think of jeans, I decided to add a little to them to make them look like distressed jeans! I did this by using my Finger Paints Hip-Hip-Hue-Ray! which is a white with a thin brush. I wiped the brush off best I could, then made little hash marks or horizontal marks and then done!


This whole mani was done in about a half hour! Sweet :) Now I'm out to enjoy the sunshine!


****UPDATE****
MAJOR chippage in less than 24 hours! I thought the gel polishes were supposed to be MORE chip resistant than regular polish?? All nails have chipped and have large sections of polish missing. I will need to redo them all together tomorrow. :/ hmm

2 comments:

  1. I love the denim idea. I wouldn't have thought of that. You're creative :) I didn't realize there was a gel formula that didn't need UV.....I guess I thought that was what made it stick, lol. Too bad about the chipping because I think this is really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw more of these boxes of non-UV gel polish kits at Walgreens today, so they're certainly out there! I love how quick they are to set, but I was really sad how quick they are to chip :(

    ReplyDelete