Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Using Eye Shadow In Your Nail Art

So, I found this technique on Pinterest and had to try it! Basically the tutorial said to use a "dazzle dust", but since I have no idea what that even is, I used eye shadow. She talks about painting a fresh coat, putting some of the dust on your finger by your cuticle, and then blowing the dust down your nails. That technique did NOT work with the eye shadow! So I used my finger and smeared it instead. That just meant that there was more coverage with the shadow. This will probably be something I'll try again to figure out the right balance.

I used Finger Paints Art Dealer Teal-er and the eye shadow was Coppering from MAC.


2 comments:

  1. Interesting! I had never heard of that. I really like the color combo! Do you just put a basecoat over it like usual?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used my Beauty Secrets Base Coat, then did my two coats of Art Dealer Tealer, then smudged on the eye shadow. Afterwards I put on my Beauty Secrets Top Coat and that's it! I have heard of people mixing eye shadow in *with* their clear polish to create a new colored polish. I have not yet tried that.

    ReplyDelete