Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine's Themed Nail Art

OK, yeah so I know it's been a long time since I've updated this. That's what happens when you pick up extra work shifts (mostly overnights) and take a massively terrifying test that pretty much determines if I pass my program.

Anyways! So I thought I'd try a couple different Valentine's Day themed nails. My first attempt was based on a design from TotallyCoolNails. I was able to recreate it relatively well, but not nearly as nicely done as in the tutorial.


For the pink, I used China Glaze Rich & Famous. For the lighter pink, I just mixed the Rich & Famous with some white polish. I also put some China Glaze Fairy Dust over my Eiffel Tower to give it some sparkle, since the actual Eiffel Tower lights up and sparkles at night :)

My next project I ended up doing twice. The first time, I overdid it by putting on a layer of gold glitter top coat (Orly Too Fab). The glitter was just too much. It's kinda tough to tell in the picture, but trust me!



Anyways, it was bugging me so I redid them and left the glitter off. After my Beauty Secrets Base Coat, I did two coats of Nina Love Struck. Then I used my Nina Black and a small dotting tool to make the hearts. I made them by making two dots right next to each other, and then simply using my dotting tool to drag the polish down to a point. On each nail, I left a space open and then went back to do a heart in Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Golden-I. I then used the gold to do all the hearts on my ring fingers as well. This second time, I also went in with a smaller dotting tool and China Glaze Ruby Pumps to put a small red heart within one of the gold hearts on the ring finger. I think that turned out pretty cool :)




 Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty! I especially like the Paris themed nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish it had turned out as good as the example I was going off of! That's part of why I changed it pretty quickly :/

    ReplyDelete