Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Follow-Up Question...

So, I have a question for all you nail polish lovers out there. Does anyone else have a problem with color bleeding? For example: my current Valentine's nails have a deep red for the base color. I even waited a full day before putting on my top coat to hopefully minimize the bleeding, but it still resulted in my golden hearts to be a reddish gold instead.



These pictures don't show the red color on the gold very well, but it's there! It completely changed the gold color!! Anyone have any tips or tricks to avoid the color bleeding? I've noticed it with my deep red polishes the most.

3 comments:

  1. I've noticed the bleeding happens more often with certain top coats. I used to use Seche Vite and never really noticed a problem. I got a bottle of Sally Hansen Double Duty and I've had an issue with that brand making the colors bleed. Too bad because I love Sally Hansen stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seche Vite? Where did you get that? I haven't heard of it. I like my Beauty Secrets 'cuz I got them in pretty large bottles from Sally's but if they're gonna bleed I might need to look for something else...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seche Vite is at Sally's :) It's thick, glossy and lasts a long time

    ReplyDelete