Saturday, February 23, 2013

Baby Shower Nails


So, a very dear friend of mine is pregnant with her second child, and one day I asked input/suggestions from others and she suggested a baby theme! So, as the due date is pretty much right on top of us, I decided to try out a baby theme yesterday! I love how they turned out!!
 


I got my ideas from two different pictures I found online. This first one is where I got the duck from, I just have no idea of the original source/artist. Baby Nail Design 
This next one is from Robin Moses and her blog, but I couldn't find a video tutorial. 
I am especially proud for figuring out the ducky! I used a large dotting tool and did two dots, one sitting right above the other. And then I used a brush to paint in the tail and then later added the finishing touches. And, of course, I had to make one of the blocks in Oregon State colors ;)

The colors I used were:
China Glaze For Audrey for base color
Finger Paints Hip Hip Hue Ray!
Orly Hook Up
Nina Lilac-ing Discipline
Nina Burnished Bronze
Finger Paints Cerulean Seascape
China Glaze Starboard
China Glaze Tree Hugger
China Glaze Exceptionally Gifted
Nina Black
Finger Paints Sparkle Top Coat for the nails with the balloons

Whoo!! I think that's all of them... 

2 comments:

  1. I was glad to finally respond to a request! Cindy wanted baby-themed nails and I could deliver! :) And it was perfect 'cuz they were still painted like this when he was born and when I got to hold him :)

    ReplyDelete