Saturday, November 24, 2012

Catching Up with Stripes :)

Since I have another spare moment, I figured I'd share a couple designs that I've done in the past.
This first design was one that I did last spring for my first choir concert with the local chorale, and it was my first concert in a couple years, so I was quite excited for it :)

It's really simple, but it was a bit difficult! I painted my nails white, and then using a very thin striping brush, I drew 5 parallel lines in black. Then, using a dotting tools, I dotted myself a couple notes, using the brush to finish them off. I also did a treble clef on my thumb and base clef on my other thumb (other hand not pictured). Since I did this all free hand, it wasn't perfect, but it was pretty damn close and I was excited about it!!
I'm thinking of doing this again for my next concert in a couple weeks :)

This next design is real basic. This last August I was able to score some tickets to a Rockies game and figured I would do my nails for the event. I painted my nails with Sally Hansen Purple Pizzazz, then did a diagonal stripe of sparkly silver. I then put a stripe of black both above and below the silver, trying to keep the spacing even. Simply supporting the Rockies!

For this next stripy share, again it's very basic. Starting around the middle of my nail (granted, my nails were quite long at this point so I had lots of room to go on) I painted my nail Orly Hook Up at an angle and all the way to the tip. After that dried, I did the same with Orly Glitz, leaving a little bit of the Hook Up visible. I continued doing the same thing with Nina Burnished Bronze, Nina Candi Apple, and Nina Love Struck. To top it all off, I put a dot of Sally Hansen Golden-I on the fat end of the Love Struck. It looks kinda like a retro version of a french tip... lol

For my last stripy share, some tiger stripes!! So, I was actually inspired to do these when my puppy dog was missing, since she wears a pink collar with tiger stripes on it. She was missing 6.5 days and to help me stay calm and not too depressed, I did my nails in tribute to her. Here's a pic of my baby girl, Daenerys (Dany), below!
Anyways, I looked up a couple tutorials for tiger stripes on youtube. There are a handful out there, and I kinda combined some techniques from two or three different videos. This pic below was my first attempt which looks a little messy, so I redid it better a second time but did not take a picture. Anyways, I used a nail polish from MAC called Steamy and a striping brush with black for the stripes. The trick is to do a little flick at the end of the stripe :)


So, the moral of the story is: A good striping brush goes a long way!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I think those fall stripes and Dany's nails are some of my favorites you have ever done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might hafta do the music notes again for my choir concert this saturday tho... But yeah those turned out pretty sweet :)

    ReplyDelete